What can we offer ?
· Chemical and General Hazard and Risk Assessments in the chemical and other industries.
· Classification and labelling of materials for handling under EC Dangerous Substances and Preparations Directives, UK Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging) Regulations (CHIP) and EU Classification, Labelling and Packaging Regulations (CLP – EU version of GHS).
· Classification and labelling of materials for transport under international ADR (road), IMDG (sea) and IATA (air) Regulations and UK Transport of Dangerous Goods by Road and Rail Regulations.
· Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Assessments.
· Safety Data Sheet preparation to CHIP/EC Directive / REACH standards.
Advice on compliance with various Health & Safety legislation in UK and EC.
· Background research into chemical matters for the legal profession and the preparation of expert witness reports and statements.
· Raw material and finished product hazard assessment.
· Completion of company chemicals databases.
· Specification of product labelling for supply and transport.
· Safety Data Sheet preparation for companies in varied chemical fields.
· Risk Assessment, COSHH Assessment, and preparation of Safety Policies.
· Assessment of legislative compliance of materials under food contact and food packaging laws.
Specialist knowledge gained in:
- COSHH Assessments
- Hazard and Risk Assessments
- CHIP Regulations
- GHS and CLP requirements
- EC Dangerous Substances and Preparations Directives
- EC Material Safety Data Sheet Regulations
- Carriage of Dangerous Goods by road, sea and air
- Notification of New Chemical Substances requirements
- Product registrations in various EC countries
We are planning to offer a range of accredited training courses in 2015.
QUALIFICATIONS & AFFILIATIONS
Martin Richards is a full Member of Institute of Leadership and Management; Member of Chemical Hazards Communication Society and BSI trained Internal Auditor.